December 13, 2016
If you follow Aria on any social media platform, I am sure you have picked up on one thing: we love food. From our signature Wednesday breakfast program to our monthly themed happy hour parties, it’s all about the food (and healthcare too, of course) at Aria. In addition to our fun on-site events, the Aria team also spends a lot of time exploring – and discussing – nearby eateries. In fact, when we moved offices two years ago, one of the most important criteria was finding an office space with suitable dining options nearby (this is true, just ask our realtor)! Fortunately, we were able to find an awesome office located in a great food zone, and we thought that our readers might be interested in exploring some of our favorite spots in the Nonantum village of Newton. So, without further ado, I bring to you our top five picks for lunch spots near our home away from home:
- fooda – We were super excited when the cafeteria next door launched a pop-up lunch series this fall, bringing in food from restaurants and catering companies across Boston. The Aria team especially enjoyed our recent Mexican lunch from nacho extraordinaire, The Sunset Grill.
- Tommy Doyles – This Irish pub feels especially cozy during our long New England winters. Can’t really beat a three-minute walk to enjoy a piping hot cup of French onion soup, and/or a glass of wine (after hours, of course).
- Amarin – If you follow us on social media (and, I’m sure you do!), you know how much we love Amarin. It’s not exactly walking distance (though, on a nice day, what’s two miles for the best Thai food in Boston?!), but the original Aria favorite is still only a five-minute drive away, and we never go more than a few weeks without bringing some pad Thai in for the team.
- Moldova – We are willing to bet that our neighborhood is home to Boston’s only Moldovan restaurant. The cuisine offers a variety of Eastern European tastes and flavors. It’s hearty fare, so come hungry.
- West Street – Another classic Newton pub, known for its wings, is also within walking distance of our office. The team especially enjoys having lunch on the West Street patio in the summer.
All in all, we seem to have lucked out when it comes to having good eats within a stone’s throw from our office. And, even luckier, they are also building a gym in our office this winter. Coincidence? I don’t think so.
Know of any other restaurants in our neck of the woods you think we should check out? Let us know by tweeting us @ariamarketing!