October 30, 2015
Fall is in full swing, and October has been a whirlwind month here at Aria! Between National Health IT Week, the transition to ICD-10, the release of Meaningful Use (MU) Stage Three final rule, and several client conferences, we – and our clients – have had an action-packed few weeks! Here are a few highlights:
- Following the announcement of the MU Stage 3 final rule,the Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative (MAeHC) spoke with Health Data Management, offering insights on interoperability, which resulted in pieces such as, “Final Stage 3 Rule Pits APIs against Patient Portals,” and “Delivery System Reform Seen as Driver of Interoperability.” MAeHC also announced its partnership with the Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts to launch an HIT adoption initiative.
- Tom Lee, founder and CEO of SA Ignite, spoke with MedCity News on Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). This, combined with past coverage, helped the company secure the top spot in Google searches of “merit-based incentive payment system.”
- ZirMed was recognized by Black Book rankings with its fourth consecutive first-place title for Revenue Cycle Management, as well as second place as the RCM software system for large hospitals and academic medical centers over 200 beds.
- CynergisTek issued a press release about its work with Atlantic Health System, including a comprehensive phishing assessment. HealthITSecurity.com then wrote a story leveraging a joint interview.
- Par8o was featured in a Wall Street Journal article titled, "Par8o Raises $3M Note in Advance of Series B Round," on WSJ’s Dow Jones Private Equity & Venture Capital site, followed by a short article about the funding on Xconomy.
- ShapeUp CEO, Dr. Rajiv Kumar, co-presented an educational session titled, “Rewarding for Wellness: The Power of Incentives in Driving Lasting, Positive Employee Behavior Change,” alongside customers Bank of America, Southwest Airlines, and Textron Systems, at the 2015 National Conference on Health, Productivity and Human Capital. Coverage of the presentation appeared in MobiHealthNews and BenefitsPro.
- Orion Health issued a press release about its defense healthcare management system modernization program subcontract with the Department of Defense, which earned coverage in ADVANCE for Health Information Professionals. Orion also published the third part of its payer-focused blog series on the changing relationship between payer and provider organizations. You can view the full series to date on the Orion Health blog.
Check back next week to read about recent conferences hosted by our clients, and what we learned while we were there! If you can’t wait, or would like to learn more about Aria or our clients, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.