January 11, 2016
Inspired by the work of one of our clients in the corporate wellness space, I thought the start of the new year is the perfect time for a blog post focused on wellness at Aria. Now, as far as wellness goes, we’re a pretty healthy company (if I do say so myself). Our CEO participated in his second triathlon this past year, one of our Senior Account Executives recently ran her third half marathon, we have a CrossFit/powerlifter, several yogis and spinners, and even I have been known to run a 5K now and again. Oh, and we eat a lot of salad.
But, wellness isn’t just about physical activity and diets, it encompasses mental and emotional health as well. So, in the spirit of holistic wellness, I bring you the top five ways we promote wellness at Aria.
- Alternative chair and desk options
- Free healthy snacks
- The Aria refrigerator and cupboards are always stocked with a tasty selection of healthy treats, including yogurt, KIND bars, Skinny Pop popcorn and nuts.
- Jasper the office dog
- That’s right, Aria has its own company dog. Jasper is a feisty beagle mix who has a blast hanging out with us (and napping, and barking) in the office. Nothing helps relieve stress like a four-legged friend who loves to play and run around!
- Breakfast Wednesdays
- Every week, one employee brings in a tasty (usually home-made) breakfast for the team. The healthier, the better!
- Group wellness activities
- Want to build some office camaraderie while getting in some needed detox? Try an office juice cleanse! I’m happy I participated, but I learned that three days without solid food makes for a grumpy VP.
So, there you have it. Hopefully, this list gave you an idea or two that you could employ at your own office (if you don’t already). I’d love to know what your company does to promote wellness as we’re always looking for fun new ideas. Tweet us your suggestions at @ariamarketing.