November 8, 2016
Before we dig out our parkas and brace ourselves for the harsh New England winter (To all GOT fans: Winter is coming!), we’re looking back on all that autumn had to offer. Between attending healthcare conferences and the release of Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) final rule, October was a busy month here at Aria Marketing! Here are a few highlights:
- Kaufman Hall issued a press release announcing the findings of its first annual State of Consumerism in Healthcare report. The report found that a large gap exists between the priority hospital and health system leadership places on consumer-centric strategies and organizations’ ability to apply consumer insights to healthcare service design. Aria secured coverage of this news in POLITICO, Fierce Healthcare and Patient Engagement HIT.
- Kim Labow, CEO of Medfusion, contributed two byline articles to ADVANCE for Health Information Professionals and Physicians Practice that share strategies driving patient engagement and boost retention. She was also recognized by Becker’s Health IT & CIO Review as one of the top “17 female health IT company CEOs to know.”
- CynergisTek was rated above all other vendors in the KLAS report on security. CynergisTek also left a big impression at AHIMA, where Mac McMillan, co-founder and CEO, and David Holtzman, vice president of compliance strategies, gave presentations on cybersecurity and compliance and had a chance to connect with journalists from POLITICO, SearchHealthIT and more.
- Following the release of the MACRA final rule, Tom Lee, founder and CEO of SA Ignite, spoke with Becker’s CFO Review on key takeaways of Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and MACRA.
- MAeHC CEO and leading interoperability expert, Micky Tripathi, spoke with both Health Data Management and HealthLeaders on the effect of the MACRA final rule on provider data sharing efforts.
Check back next week as we share highlights from the recent healthcare IT conferences our team attended this fall.