September 7, 2018
Who said that August is a slow news month? Actually, our team here at Aria has been busy scheduling media interviews, securing coverage wins and getting ready for our clients’ upcoming fall events. Now that we’ve said goodbye to fun “Summer Fridays” spent at the beach, let’s take a look at our top wins for this month:
- Verscend Technologies announced the finalized acquisition of Cotiviti, and the news appeared in dozens of outlets including Fortune, Xconomy and Modern Healthcare. Additionally, Dr. Emad Rizk, MD, President and CEO of Cotiviti, was featured in a First Report Managed Care article discussing how consumers, employers and the government are driving payer-provider collaboration.
- Integra Connect announced that its EHR Solution for Oncology was recognized as the first CancerLinQ® Certified Electronic Health Record (EHR) System. The news was featured in a variety of publications, such as Journal of Clinical Pathways and Healthcare Dive. Additionally, the company’s President of Practice Solutions, Parag Shah, was featured on Becker’s Hospital Review’s 36 health IT & revenue cycle up-and-comers list for his contributions to Integra Connect’s value-based revenue cycle management solutions.
- Vice President of Security Strategy CynergisTek, Clyde Hewitt, contributed a byline to the hfm blog on the challenges associated with security staffing in today’s workplace. Mac McMillan, CEO and President, was featured in Bloomberg Law in an article about the cyber-risks associated with hospital medical devices.
- AxiaMed’s National Director of Healthcare, Dan Berger, was featured in Healthcare Finance News and Healthcare IT News for his insights on the challenges organizations face capturing patient payment with the emergence of new care delivery setting such as telemedicine. The company also announced that it raised $12.4 million in funding from Health Enterprise Partners. This news was covered in numerous publications including HIT Consultant, The Wall Street Journal, and Fortune.
- John D’Amore, President and Co-Founder of Diameter Health, spoke with Healthcare NOW Radio host Roberta Mullin at SHIEC 2018 to discuss data interchange challenges and opportunities, and his interview was featured in HealthDataAnswers.net. John Kansky, CEO of the Indiana Health Information Exchange (a Diameter Health customer), also spoke with Mullin at the conference to discuss his organization’s successful initial pilot with Diameter Health, which also appeared in HealthDataAnswers.net.
- David Shelton, CEO of PatientMatters, shared his insights into how to treat patients as consumers and personalize the patient financial experience in a contributed article in Becker’s Hospital CFO Report.
- Kyruus published a report on referral management trends which was picked-up by many top-tier outlets such as Modern Healthcare, Boston Business Journal, Health Data Management, and HealthExec. Additionally, Julie Yoo, CPO and Co-Founder of Kyruus, was featured on Becker’s Hospital Review’s 36 health IT & revenue cycle up-and-comers list, and Kyruus was named one of Built in Boston’s Best Small Companies to Work For and Companies With the Best Benefits.
- Becker’s Hospital Review published a bylined piece by Senior Vice President of Marketing and Strategy at HMS, Ellen Harrison, on how actionable member data can improve HOS and CAHPS measures to improve star ratings. The company’s press release announcing its partnership with Triple-S was also covered in the AHIP Solutions Smartbrief and HIStalk.
- Lee Horner, CEO of Synzi, discussed the challenges and benefits of implementing virtual care for healthcare organizations in this Healthcare Analytics News article. Additionally, Horner was featured in CEO Money for his commentary on how the company is delivering technology that drives better access to care. Synzi was also recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the top 250 telehealth companies to know in 2018.