October 10, 2018
This week is U.S. National Health IT week (#NHITweek), a movement organized by HIMSS and the Institute for e-Policy that focuses on sharing stories and raising awareness of the real-world impact of healthcare information technology. NHIT Week engages constituents, including congressional, federal, and state agencies; healthcare providers; non-profit organizations; and vendors, to host both virtual and live events with the sole purpose of amplifying conversations around the power of healthcare IT.
As an agency centered on healthcare IT, NHIT Week is singularly important to us. This weeklong initiative aims, as we do every day, to demonstrate the universal value of healthcare IT and its significance to the betterment of every single community.
There are many ways you can get involved with National Health IT Week, including the following:
- Become a partner of NHIT Week. It's free and easy; filling out a short form will demonstrate your support.
- Participate in the HIMSS “Virtual March on the States,” a call to support the use of health IT to combat the growing opioid crisis in the United States. By completing this form, your elected state officials will receive specific policy recommendations.
- Share your own health IT story. Submit a personal story about the impact healthcare IT has had in your life, and HIMSS may post it to the NHIT blog.
- Attend an event to learn more about the world of healthcare IT.
- Post on social media with #NHITweek to get involved in the conversation.
For more insights into health IT or to learn more about how you can get involved in this movement, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to have a conversation about this wonderful world we work in and the healthcare technology challenges our clients help solve.