December 11, 2020
Healthcare is a fascinating field for public relations pros like us, but 2020 proved especially riveting as the COVID-19 health crisis wreaked havoc across the globe. Our clients’ important conferences – and live PR opportunities – were canceled to avoid virus spread, and every day brought another news cycle saturated with challenges for the healthcare industry. Though we had to do some outside of the box thinking and ramp up on all things pandemic overnight, the Aria team secured press opportunities for our clients’ to shine through even the most pervasive doom scrolling.
As 2020 (finally!) draws to a close, our team reflected on some of our top media hits we secured for our stellar clients this year:
- VisualDx CEO Dr. Art Papier was featured in The New York Times in an article titled, “Dermatology Has a Problem With Skin Color,” where he discusses critical health disparities for BIPOC patients, especially as they seek treatment for skin conditions. Dr. Art Papier also contributed a provocative op-ed to STAT on racial disparities in healthcare and how the industry can remedy this critical issue.
- IntelyCare was featured in Wall Street Journal Pro Venture Capital in a piece that explored how the company had to pivot from its pre-pandemic plans to focus on developing a nurse training certification program to help meet nursing staff shortages created across the country by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Life Image CEO Matthew Michela shared insights with Forbes on interoperability in healthcare and the ONC Information Blocking Rule.
- Alveo Technologies CEO and Founder Ron Chiarello's expertise appeared in Wall Street Journal, where he shared insight on rapid coronavirus tests.
- Kyruus CEO and co-founder Graham Gardner, MD, was featured in Boston Business Journal in a piece about the company’s incredible success and growth, and its plans for future expansion. Additionally, the company’s annual patient access survey report findings were featured in a MedCity News article on how healthcare consumers select providers.
- Cotiviti’s Executive Vice President of Operations, Jordan Bazinsky, shared with WCVB how the company is using health data to predict where new COVID-19 outbreaks are likely to occur.
- PatientMatters CEO David Shelton was featured in Modern Healthcare in a piece on the impact of high deductibles and bad debt on rural hospitals. Additionally, Gordon Jaye, vice present of operations, and Candi Powers, chief revenue cycle officer of Mon Health (a PatientMatters customer), were highlighted in a HealthLeaders article on the financial challenges of rural hospitals.
- Lyniate Chief Product and Strategy Officer Drew Ivan and Life Image CEO Matthew Michela participated in a HIMSS TV panel discussion on interoperability in healthcare and the ONC Information Blocking Rule. We love an opportunity to get our clients together to share combined wisdom and different perspectives on critical healthcare topics!
- eVideon CEO Jeff Fallon contributed a byline to FierceHealthcare on technological adoption and the digitization of the American healthcare system.
- abeo Chief Client Officer Steven Avery was featured in a five-part video series in Physician Practice on how providers can help protect patients from surprise medical bills.
- 2bPrecise’s Precision Health Platform won the Fierce Innovation Award for clinical information management, as it is leveraged to help providers derive meaningful insights from genomic data to deliver personalized patient care. CEO Assaf Halevy and San Francisco Otolaryngology Medical Group, Inc. President Dr. Jacob Johnson discussed with GenomeWeb the organizations’ recent partnership, the value of bringing pharmacogenomic insights to the point of care, and how 2bPrecise has grown over the past year.
- AVIA Vice President Amanda DeMano contributed a byline to FierceHealthcare on racial disparities in the healthcare industry.
- MassPACE’s Harbor Health Director, Gretchen Reynard, shared with NBC News the work PACE is doing to help seniors and vulnerable adults stay safely at home and out of long term care facilities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you’re looking to grow your public relations program in the new year and want to find out how Aria can secure exciting media opportunities like these for your company, please email email@example.com.